Bus and Coach Drivers drive buses and coaches to transport passengers over established and special routes. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- stopping at set locations to pick up and set down passengers
- opening and closing doors before and after passengers board or alight
- controlling lighting, heating and ventilation on buses
- collecting fares and giving change and tickets, and monitoring electronic entry
- advising passengers on destinations
- maintaining conduct of passengers
- may use public address systems to provide information and tour commentaries for passengers
- may assist coach passengers with baggage and accommodation bookings
- may maintain, service and clean coaches
- Bus Driver
- Charter and Tour Bus Driver
- Passenger Coach Driver