Car Detailers wash and clean exteriors and interiors of motor vehicles, and touch up paint work, glass and upholstery to prepare them for sale or rent. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- washing, drying, polishing and waxing vehicle exteriors
- vacuuming vehicle interiors, and drycleaning carpets and upholstery
- applying cleaning agents to remove stains from vehicle interiors
- washing tyres and wheel arches, and blackening tyres
- washing and polishing vehicle windows
- emptying and cleaning compartments in vehicles
- may make minor repairs and touch up finishes to remove scratches