Building and Plumbing Labourers perform a variety of routine tasks associated with erecting and repairing structures and facilities, maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems, excavating earth and clearing and levelling sites, and installing and maintaining piping systems, fixtures and water regulators. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- cleaning and carrying out minor repairs on stormwater drains and canals, and checking for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems
- digging holes and shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal
- spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- assisting with assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings
- assisting with installing fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems
- Builder's Labourer
- Drainage, Sewerage and Stormwater Labourer
- Earthmoving Labourer
- Plumber's Assistant