Fencers erect and repair fences and gates. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- laying out fence lines and marking positions for post holes
- lifting and positioning fence posts in holes and securing posts with concrete, stone fill and soil
- forming fence frames
- constructing and attaching gates to fences
- stretching materials between fence posts
- constructing wooden paling, fibre-cement and metal fences
- repairing and demolishing existing fences