This unit group covers Construction and Mining Labourers not elsewhere classified. It includes Crane Chasers, Driller's Assistants, Laggers, Mining Support Workers and Surveyor's Assistants. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- slings cranes and winches, and directs the movement of loads ensuring loads do not exceed lifting capacities
- performs routine tasks in setting up, operating and dismantling drilling sites for extracting oil, gas, mineral ore or water
- applies insulating materials, such as felt, fibreglass, polyurethane and cork, to pipes, steam generators, process vats and ducting, and secures insulation with wire, wire netting, staples, metal strapping and using welding torches
- performs routine tasks in mining and mineral ore treating operations such as assembling, operating and dismantling mining equipment, taking ore, rock and dust samples, and mixing ore treating chemicals and catalysts
- performs routine tasks to assist surveyors and geologists by transporting, assembling, maintaining and laying out prospecting and surveying equipment, and collecting and labelling samples
- Crane Chaser
- Driller's Assistant
- Mining Support Worker
- Surveyor's Assistant