Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers slaughter and eviscerate poultry, and process, grade and package meat, poultry, fish and shellfish. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- processing offal and tripe
- moving carcasses to chillers and freezers
- loading meat products into trucks
- packing boned and sliced meat into cartons
- stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing
- severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- inspecting and grading poultry, fish and shellfish for size and quality
- packing fish and counting packs before freezing, and packing frozen fish blocks into cartons
- operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb fish
- cleaning and sanitising equipment and work areas
- Meat Process Worker
- Poultry Process Worker
- Seafood Process Worker