Product Assemblers put together components and subassemblies that go into the production of metal products, electrical and electronic equipment, jewellery and precious metal articles, and joinery products. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- locating, positioning and securing components on workbenches
- punching and drilling mounting holes in parts and assembled products
- assembling and securing components in sequence
- assembling parts by nailing, screwing, gluing and dowelling, riveting, crimping, soldering and spot welding components
- fitting hardware items, such as hinges, catches and knobs, to parts
- attaching and fastening jewellery and jewellery parts to fabricate bracelets, necklaces, brooches and earrings
- deburring and finishing items using files, grinding wheels and emery paper
- may manually wind light electrical field coils