Metal Engineering Process Workers perform routine tasks in manufacturing metal products. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- positioning and holding tools and metal products
- performing assembly and dismantling operations such as screwing and bolting
- operating power hammers, presses and other metal cutting and shaping tools and machines
- soldering and spot welding components using electrical spot and butt welding machines
- transporting tools, materials and work pieces to and from sites and workbenches
- cleaning and preparing working surfaces
- Metal Engineering Process Worker