Plastics and Rubber Factory Workers perform routine tasks in manufacturing plastic and rubber products. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- dumping material into hoppers of machines
- stopping moulding machines and discharging contents
- cutting foam products from foam blocks
- cleaning, smoothing and waxing moulds for making products
- brushing and spraying release agents onto moulds to assist with the removal of moulded products
- building up layers of fibreglass and resin on moulds
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment
- may smooth rough edges of moulds using files, grinders and sanders
- Plastics Factory Worker
- Rubber Factory Worker