Timber and Wood Process Workers perform routine tasks in paper and pulp mills, sawmills, timber yards, and wood processing and timber products factories. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- rolling logs from trucks and conveyors to log decks, saw carriages and stacking bays
- placing logs and wood billets onto conveyors and lathes for processing into chips, veneers and pulp
- sorting and stacking timber during milling
- placing timber for processing by machines and unloading cut timber from tail end of machines
- assisting with setting up and operating plant and ancillary equipment used in the manufacture of sheets and boards
- transporting processed wood products, such as plywood, chipboard sheets and panels, to work areas
- clearing blockages in machines
- assisting with measuring and cutting materials
- packing and loading finished products for transportation
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment
- Paper and Pulp Mill Worker
- Sawmill or Timber Yard Worker
- Wood and Wood Products Factory Worker