Aquaculture Workers perform routine tasks in breeding and raising fish and other aquatic stock. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- feeding and grading fish, and monitoring their growth
- assisting with farm layout and constructing nets, long-lines and cages
- checking and looking after equipment and fish housing
- operating pumps and other equipment
- testing and checking on water quality
- removing dead and dying fish
- operating lifting equipment such as forklifts and small cranes
- harvesting fish, and sorting and packing for transportation
- restocking pens, pools, tanks, ponds, rivers and dams with juvenile fish
- collecting and recording growth, production and water quality data