Garden and Nursery Labourers perform a variety of routine tasks in propagating, cultivating and maintaining plants in gardens and horticultural nurseries. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- loading, unloading and moving garden supplies and equipment
- preparing garden sites and plots using hand tools and machines
- assisting with planting and transplanting flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- maintaining gardens by watering, weeding and mowing lawns
- cleaning gardens and removing rubbish
- assisting with propagating, planting and potting seeds, bulbs and cuttings
- tending plants by hand watering and weeding
- adjusting mist irrigation systems, shade and ventilation
- harvesting and packaging plants for sale and transport
- Garden Labourer
- Horticultural Nursery Assistant