Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Workers perform routine tasks in crop cultivation and animal production. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of crops and livestock
- operating farm machines to cultivate, plant, fertilise, spray and harvest field crops
- maintaining and repairing buildings, machines, fences, plant and water systems
- loading and unloading seed grain, fertilisers and livestock feed, and loading field crops into transporters for marketing
- irrigating land for crop growth
- providing livestock with feed and water
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available
- Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Worker