Food Trades Assistants assist Food Trades Workers by performing routine food preparation, cleaning and storage tasks. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- gathering food ingredients in preparation for cooking and serving
- gathering pots and pans in preparation for cooking food ingredients
- weighing and measuring ingredients
- washing, peeling, cutting, slicing and dicing ingredients for cooking and serving
- cutting and grinding meat, poultry and seafood in preparation for cooking
- removing cooked food from ovens and food warmers
- washing work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware
- storing food supplies, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware in refrigerators, cupboards, pantries and other storage areas
- informing Foods Trade Workers when food supplies are low
- Pastrycook's Assistant
- Food Trades Assistants