Kitchenhands assist kitchen and service staff in preparing and serving food, and clean food preparation and service areas. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- cleaning kitchens, food preparation areas and sculleries
- cleaning cooking and general utensils used in kitchens and restaurants
- transferring, weighing and checking supplies and equipment
- assembling and preparing ingredients for cooking, and preparing salads, savouries and sandwiches
- packing food and beverage trays for serving
- cooking, toasting and heating simple food items