Shelf Fillers fill up shelves and display areas in stores and supermarkets. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- placing goods neatly in bins and on racks, and stacking bulky goods on floors
- filling shelves with goods ensuring goods with the earliest use-by dates are at the front of shelves
- noting what has been sold and collecting goods needed from the stockroom using a trolley
- maintaining shelf order by removing stock belonging to a different location
- may help customers find goods they need
- may price goods