Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitters fit and replace parts and accessories on motor vehicles. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- removing old and damaged parts and cleaning surrounding areas on vehicles
- fitting batteries and installing accessories such as sun roofs, stereos and alarms
- removing damaged glass, trimming strips and rubber seals from window frames and mountings on motor vehicles, positioning new windscreens and glass windows on frames and attaching and sealing them
- inspecting, removing and repairing muffler mountings, and fitting new mufflers, extractors and exhaust pipes
- removing radiators from vehicles and cleaning and repairing them
- installing new or repaired radiators into vehicles and repairing and replacing other units in the cooling system such as thermostats, head gaskets and water pumps
- inspecting tyres to determine which repair action to implement and repairing punctures in tubes and tubeless tyres
- operating air driven equipment to remove and refit tyres and tubes on vehicles
- balancing wheels and tyres using static and electronic equipment
- Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitter
- Exhaust and Muffler Fitter
- Radiator Fitter
- Tyre Fitter