Vending Machine Attendants stock and maintain vending and amusement machines and collect money from coin boxes. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- loading, unloading and transporting stock and equipment
- replenishing vending machines with stock
- clearing money from machines, accounting for money collected, and checking monitoring systems
- keeping stock records, and machine maintenance and repair records
- may test vending machines' dispensing, coin-handling, electrical, refrigeration, carbonation and ice-making systems
- may adjust and repair vending machines and replace defective mechanical and electrical parts using hand tools and soldering-irons
- Vending Machine Attendant