Aircraft Maintenance Engineers maintain and repair aircraft structures, and avionic and mechanical systems. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- dismantling, inspecting, testing, repairing and reassembling aircraft engines, ancillary motors and engine accessories, electrical systems, and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- installing electrical circuits and equipment
- testing aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation and electronic systems using electronic testing equipment and specialised test apparatus
- replacing and testing aircraft oxygen system components
- assembling parts and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- conducting routine pre-flight inspections of engines, aircraft frames and mechanical systems
- maintaining records of action taken
- may manufacture aircraft electrical, instrument and radio hardware components
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Structures)