Gaming Workers provide gaming services within casinos and other gambling establishments. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- ensuring that games operating in the casino pit run smoothly
- monitoring cash drops to cashiers and chip transactions
- observing incidents and settling disputes arising at gaming tables
- dealing games in accordance with casino rules, policies and procedures and ensuring that bets are placed within the rules of the game
- checking that appropriate betting limit signs are in place
- checking playing cards
- verifying cash and colour chip change involving larger amounts with the casino gaming inspector
- advising patrons about the rules and etiquette of games
- counting the amount of cash chips in the float and entering a closer slip with the corresponding amount in the cash total
- calculating and paying winning bets