General Clerks perform a range of clerical and administrative tasks. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- recording, preparing, sorting, classifying and filing information
- sorting, opening and sending mail
- photocopying and faxing documents
- preparing reports of a routine nature
- recording issue of equipment to staff
- receiving letters and telephone messages
- transcribing information onto computers, and proofreading and correcting copy
- may provide customers with information about services
- may perform receptionist duties