Accounting Clerks monitor creditor and debtor accounts, undertake related routine documentation, and calculate and investigate the cost of wages, materials, overheads and other operating costs. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing and processing documentation related to accounts payable and receivable
- reconciling invoices and despatching payments
- calculating, analysing and investigating the costs of proposed expenditure, wages and standard costs
- preparing bank reconciliations
- allocating expenditure to specified budget accounts
- summarising expenditure and receipts
- preparing records of standard costs and values for items such as raw materials and packaging supplies
- recording cost variations and contract price movements
- compiling cost data for preparation of operating budgets, and profit and loss calculations
- investigating the costs of proposed expenditures, quotations and estimates
- preparing reports of total costs, inventory adjustments, selling prices and profits
- may work in a call centre
- Accounts Clerk
- Cost Clerk