Sales Representatives represent companies to sell their goods and business services to wholesale and retail establishments. ICT and Technical Sales Representatives are excluded from this unit group. ICT Sales Representatives are included in Unit Group 2252 ICT Sales Professionals. Technical Sales Representatives are included in Unit Group 2254 Technical Sales Representatives. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- promoting and selling their company's goods and services such as building and plumbing supplies, business services, motor vehicle parts and accessories, and personal and household goods
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer's and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- using directories and other sources to compile lists of prospective business clients
- visiting clients and retail outlets to establish selling opportunities
- quoting prices and credit terms, recording orders and arranging deliveries
- following up clients and ensuring satisfaction with goods and services and resolving any problems
- monitoring clients' changing needs and competitor activity and reporting on these developments to sales and marketing management
- preparing sales reports
- maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Building & Plumbing Supplies Sales Rep
- Sales Representative (Business Services)
- Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories Sales Rep
- Personal & Household Goods Sales Rep
- Sales Representatives