Domestic Cleaners clean and tidy private dwellings such as houses, units, flats, apartments and townhouses. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- vacuuming carpets, curtains and upholstered furniture
- sweeping, mopping, waxing and polishing tiled, vinyl, timber and concrete floors
- tidying rooms, emptying wastepaper bins and removing refuse and recyclable material
- cleaning, disinfecting and deodorising kitchens, bathrooms and toilets
- dusting, cleaning and polishing furniture and other homewares
- cleaning windows and other glass surfaces