Laundry Workers sort, clean, fold, iron and package linen, clothing and other items in laundries and drycleaning establishments, and private residences. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- sorting articles for cleaning according to the type, colour, fabric and cleaning treatment required
- placing sorted articles into receptacles and onto conveyor belts for moving to repair and cleaning areas
- checking and removing stains from garments, and replacing buttons and making minor repairs
- loading and unloading washing machines, driers and extractors
- adding cleaning agents and starches to articles
- smoothing articles and guiding them through cleaning and pressing machines
- stopping and starting machines to untangle, straighten and remove articles
- ironing and pressing clean articles
- placing articles on shelves and hanging articles for delivery and collection
- packaging articles and preparing orders for despatch
- Laundry Worker
- Ironer or Presser