Concreters pour, spread, smooth and finish concrete for structures such as floors, stairs, ramps, footpaths and bridges. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- erecting concrete form work and laying steel reinforcing
- pouring, spreading and levelling concrete using screeds and templates
- tamping, smoothing, shaping and sealing concrete
- operating trowelling machines to float, trowel and polish concrete surfaces
- forming expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straight edges
- installing fixtures in concrete such as anchor bolts, steel plates and door sills
- wetting concrete and rubbing with abrasives to finish vertical surfaces
- covering concrete with plastic sheeting and sand to cure it
- cutting lines in concrete using power cutters
- may cover freshly poured concrete with colouring powders and other materials