Data on Job Outlook are updated on a yearly basis and are compiled from national statistics which may not reflect either regional variations or more recent changes in employment conditions.
- Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for Occupational & Environmental Health Professionals is expected to be average (between 10,001 and 25,000). Job openings count both employment growth and turnover (defined as workers leaving their occupation for other employment or leaving the workforce). Further information about job openings and projected employment growth is available on the Help page.
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose very strongly in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Occupational & Environmental Health Professionals to November 2019 is expected to grow very strongly.
- This is a large occupation (30,000 in November 2014) suggesting that opportunities should be available in many (but not all) regions.
- Occupational & Environmental Health Professionals have an above average proportion of full-time jobs (84.6 per cent). For Occupational & Environmental Health Professionals working full-time, average weekly hours are 38.9 (compared to 40.9 for all occupations) and earnings are above average - in the eighth decile. Unemployment for Occupational & Environmental Health Professionals is average.
- The most common level of educational attainment for Occupational & Environmental Health Professionals is Bachelor degree (29.8 per cent).
- Occupational & Environmental Health Professionals are mainly employed in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services, Public Administration and Safety and Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
These data show 9 key indicators for this occupation - employment size, full-time share of employment, earnings, unemployment, historical employment growth (long-term, medium term and short-term), future employment growth, mix of industries and job openings. Estimates have been rounded and consequently some discrepancies may occur between sums of the component items and totals.
|How many workers are employed in this occupation?||30,000||8|
|How many work full-time (% share)?||84.6||7|
|What are the weekly earnings for full-time workers ($ before tax)?||1500||8|
|How does unemployment compare with other occupations?||average||5|
|What has been the long-term employment growth - 10 years (%)?||200.8||10|
|What has been the medium-term employment growth - 5 years (%)?||31.1||9|
|What has been the short-term employment growth - 2 years (%)?||12.6||7|
|What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?||very strong growth||10|
|What will be the level of future job openings?||average||6|