Advertising, Public Relations and Sales Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate advertising, public relations, sales and marketing activities within organisations.
A skill level equal to a Bachelor Degree or higher, or at least 5 years of relevant experience is usually needed to work in this job. Around one in two workers have a university degree.
- formulating and implementing policies and plans for advertising, public relations, sales and marketing in consultation with other Managers
- directing the development of initiatives for new products, marketing and advertising campaigns
- organising and controlling sales activities by setting product mix, geographical sales areas and customer service standards
- directing merchandising methods and distribution policy by coordinating the work of salespersons, and organising agents and distributors
- directing sales methods and arrangements by setting prices and credit arrangements
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Public Relations Manager
Sales and Marketing Manager
Manages the sales and marketing activities within an organisation.
Specialisations: Business Development Manager, Market Research Manager
Manages the advertising activities within an organisation.
Public Relations Manager (also called Communications, Corporate Affairs, Corporate Relations, PR, or Public Affairs Manager)
Manages the public relations activities within an organisation.
Specialisations: Community Relations Manager, External Relations Manager, Media Relations Manager