Amusement, Fitness and Sports Centre Managers organise, control and promote the activities, facilities and resources of amusement, fitness and sports centres.
A skill level equal to an Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least 3 years of relevant experience is usually needed. Even with a qualification, experience or on-the-job training is usually needed.
- planning and organising the range and mix of entertainment, attractions, amusement machines and fitness programs to be offered by the centre
- organising publicity to promote facilities and attract clients
- scheduling games and competitions
- selecting, training and supervising staff
- ensuring facilities are properly maintained and conform to safety standards
- may undertake coaching, fitness instruction and training of clients
- may plan and organise catering facilities
- Amusement or Entertainment Centre Manager
- Fitness Centre Manager
- Sports Centre Manager
Amusement or Entertainment Centre Manager
Manages an amusement centre, showground or theme park.
Specialisations: Bridge Club Manager, Fairground Operator, Video Arcade Manager
Fitness Centre Manager
Manages a fitness centre. May coach, instruct and train clients.
Sports Centre Manager
Manages a sports centre.
Specialisations: Aquatic Centre Manager, Golf Course Manager, Indoor Sports Centre Manager, Squash Centre Manager, Stadium Manager, Ten Pin Bowling Centre Manager, Tennis Centre Manager