Call or Contact Centre Workers respond to telephone, Internet and email inquiries and complaints about an organisation's goods and services, and promote the goods and services.
Call or Contact Centre Team Leaders usually need a Certificate III including at least 2 years of on-the-job training, or a Certificate IV, or at least 3 years of relevant experience. Call or Contact Centre Operators usually need a Certificate II or III, or at least 1 year of relevant experience. Sometimes experience or on-the-job training is needed in addition to a qualification.
- answering incoming calls, emails and messages, and assisting customers with their specific inquiries
- identifying requirements and recording information into computer systems
- coaching staff and assisting call centre operators to resolve problems and customer inquiries
- developing rosters and managing staff numbers to meet work flows
- listening to calls conducted by call centre operators and providing performance feedback
- monitoring and timing calls
- creating further interest in goods and services by offering customers more information about goods and inviting customers to use services on offer
- updating databases to reflect changes to the status of customers and prospective customers
- arranging the despatch of goods, information kits and brochures to customers and interested parties
- undertaking clerical duties, such as faxing, and filling out paperwork, and liaising with other departments associated with completing the customer contact
- issuing invoices and receiving electronic payments for goods and services provided
- Call or Contact Centre Team Leader
- Call or Contact Centre Operator
Call or Contact Centre Team Leader (also called Call or Contact Centre Supervisor)
Oversees and determines work requirements, monitors telephone calls, coaches and allocates duties to Call or Contact Centre Operators.
Specialisations: Call or Contact Centre Coach, Call or Contact Centre Workforce Planner
Call or Contact Centre Operator
Answers customer telephone, Internet and email inquiries about goods and services, and promotes the goods and services.