Packers weigh, wrap, seal and label chocolate, fruit, vegetables, meat, seafood and other products.
A Year 10 Certificate, Certificate I, or a short period of on-the-job training is sometimes needed, but is not necessary to work in this job. Around one in three workers have Years 11 and 10 as their highest level of education.
- obtaining supplies of products and assembling bags, package folders and cartons
- packing containers and bags with products, and counting, weighing and measuring amounts and adjusting quantities
- wrapping protective material around products, sealing bags and containers, and attaching pre-printed labels
- counting and placing bags and packages onto trays and racks, and into shipping cartons
- recording information such as numbers, weight, times and dates
- monitoring the filling of containers and adjusting machines to maintain volume and seal quality
- monitoring the supply and quality of containers and contents of holding tanks
- checking the cleanliness and operation of machines, equipment and containers
- Chocolate Packer
- Container Filler
- Fruit and Vegetable Packer
- Meat Packer
- Seafood Packer
- Other Packers
Weighs, wraps, seals and labels chocolate products.
Fills and seals containers with products, such as food, beverages, paints, oils and lotions, and packages the filled containers.
Specialisations: Bottling Attendant, Cannery Worker, Labelling Machine Operator
Fruit and Vegetable Packer
Weighs, wraps, seals and labels fruit and vegetables.
Weighs, wraps, seals and labels meat and meat products.
Weighs, wraps, seals and labels seafood products.
Includes Biscuit Packer, Bread Packer, Cheese Packer, Egg Packer