Supply, Distribution and Procurement Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the supply, storage and distribution of goods, products and services produced and used by organisations.
A skill level equal to a Bachelor Degree or higher, or at least 5 years of relevant experience is usually needed to work in this job. Around one in four workers have a Bachelor Degree.
- determining, implementing and monitoring purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- preparing and implementing plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- negotiating contracts with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- monitoring and reviewing storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- operating recording systems to track all movements of supplies and finished goods, and ensuring re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
- liaising with other departments and customers concerning requirements for outward goods and associated forwarding transportation
- overseeing the recording of purchase, storage and distribution transactions
- directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
- Supply and Distribution Manager
- Procurement Manager
Supply and Distribution Manager
Manages the supply, storage and distribution of goods produced by an organisation.
Specialisations: Logistics Manager, Logistics Officer (Air Force), Ordnance Corps Officer (Army), Supply Chain Manager, Supply Officer (Navy), Transport Corps Officer (Army)
Manages the procurement and purchasing of materials, products and services for an organisation.