Transport Services Managers organise and control the buying and selling of vehicles for rental agencies and coordinate the leasing of vehicles, the operations of railway stations, and the operations of enterprises that operate fleets of vehicles to transport goods and passengers.
A skill level equal to an Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least 3 years of relevant experience is usually needed. Even with a qualification, experience or on-the-job training is usually needed. Registration or licensing may also be required.
- organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel
- liaising with clients to determine requirements and providing customers with advice and information regarding vehicle type, purchase or hire rates and obligations and handling complaints
- receiving orders and bookings, and planning and implementing transportation schedules
- ensuring goods are stored and transported in conditions that will maintain their quality
- arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and goods
- maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
- coordinating activities associated with the arrival, departure, loading and unloading of trains
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Fleet Manager
- Railway Station Manager
- Transport Company Manager
Manages the buying and selling of vehicles for rental agencies and coordinates the leasing of vehicles. Registration or licensing may be required.
Railway Station Manager
Manages the operations of a railway station.
Transport Company Manager
Manages the operations of an enterprise that operates a fleet of vehicles to transport goods and passengers. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Bus Company Manager, Car Rental Agency Manager