Advertising and Marketing Professionals develop and coordinate advertising strategies and campaigns, determine the market for new goods and services, and identify and develop market opportunities for new and existing goods and services.
A Bachelor Degree or higher, or at least 5 years of experience, is usually needed to work in this job. Over half of workers have a university degree. A high level of creativity may also be important.
- planning, developing and organising advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advising executives and clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creating consumer awareness and effectively promoting the attributes of goods and services
- coordinating production of advertising campaigns involving specialised activities, such as artwork, copywriting, media scripting, television and film production and media placement, within time and budget constraints
- analysing data regarding consumer patterns and preferences
- interpreting and predicting current and future consumer trends
- researching potential demand and market characteristics for new goods and services and collecting and analysing data and other statistical information
- supporting business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs
- commissioning and undertaking market research to identify market opportunities for new and existing goods and services
- advising on all elements of marketing such as product mix, pricing, advertising and sales promotion, selling, and distribution channels
- Advertising Specialist, Account Executive or Manager, or Creative Director
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Specialist, Consultant, Coordinator or Officer
Advertising Specialist, Account Executive or Manager, or Creative Director
Devises and coordinates advertising campaigns which encourage consumers to purchase particular goods or services.
Market Research Analyst
Determines the market for new goods and services, develops advertising strategies, and evaluates the best business sites for commercial organisations.
Marketing Specialist, Consultant, Coordinator or Officer
Identifies market opportunities and advises on the development, coordination and implementation of plans for pricing and promoting an organisation's goods and services.
Specialisations: Brand Manager, Category Manager, Product Manager, Sales Promotion Officer