Electronic Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians assist in electronic engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
An Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least 3 years of relevant experience is usually needed. Even with a qualification, experience or on-the-job training is usually needed. Registration or licensing may also be required.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams for electronic engineering work
- developing, constructing and testing electronic equipment and associated circuitry in accordance with technical manuals and instructions of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- performing tests, graphing results, preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating material costs and quantities
- evaluating performance of equipment
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications, drawings, contracts and regulations
- installing, testing, repairing and modifying electronic equipment
- Electronic Engineering Draftsperson
- Electronic Engineering Technician
Electronic Engineering Draftsperson
Prepares detailed drawings and plans of electronic engineering work in support of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Communications and Data Systems Drafting Officer, Control Systems Drafting Officer, Electronics Detail Draftsperson
Electronic Engineering Technician
Conducts tests of electronic systems, collects and analyses data, and assembles circuitry in support of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Specialisations: Aircraft Electronics Technical Officer, Communications Engineering Technical Officer, Communications Engineering Technician, Digital Controls Technical Officer, Flight Surveyor, Printed Circuit Board Designer, Process Control Technician, Telemetry Technician