Gallery, Library and Museum Technicians prepare artworks, specimens and artefacts for collections, arrange and construct gallery exhibits, and assist Librarians to organise and operate systems for handling recorded material and files.
An Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least 3 years of relevant experience is usually needed. Even with a qualification, experience or on-the-job training is usually needed.
- mounting and preparing objects for display
- designing and arranging exhibit furnishings, display cases and display areas
- assisting in setting up lighting and display equipment
- receiving, shipping, packing and unpacking exhibits
- ordering new library materials and maintaining library records and circulation systems
- cataloguing printed and recorded material
- entering data into databases and editing computer records
- operating audiovisual and reprographic equipment
- searching and verifying bibliographic data
- Gallery or Museum Technician
- Library Technician
Gallery or Museum Technician
Prepares artworks, specimens and artefacts for collections, and arranges and constructs gallery or museum exhibits.
Assists Librarians and other information managers in organising and operating systems for handling recorded material and files.