Motor Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Salespersons sell motor vehicles, boats, caravans, earthmoving equipment, vehicle accessories and parts in retail and wholesale establishments.
A Certificate II or III, or at least 1 year of relevant experience, is usually needed to work in this job. Around one in three workers have a Certificate III/IV. Even with a qualification, sometimes experience or on-the-job training is necessary.
- determining customer requirements and advising on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care
- showing vehicles to customers and test driving vehicles with customers
- selling motor vehicles and vehicle products such as parts, tyres, lubricating oils, batteries, car stereos and alarms
- taking sales orders and preparing contracts of sale
- receiving orders for parts
- determining part sizes and details such as vehicle make, model, manufacturer and year
- searching lists of parts to identify part numbers, price and availability
- Motor Vehicle or Caravan Salesperson
- Motor Vehicle or Automotive Parts Interpreter
Motor Vehicle or Caravan Salesperson
Sells new and used motor cars, motor cycles, trucks, boats, caravans and earthmoving equipment in a retail or wholesale establishment.
Specialisations: Fleet Salesperson
Motor Vehicle or Automotive Parts Interpreter
Sells motor vehicle accessories and parts in a retail or wholesale establishment.