Other Cleaners clean surfaces, materials and objects, such as carpets, windows, walls, swimming pools and cooling towers, using specialised cleaning equipment and chemicals. Carpet Cleaners and Window Cleaners are included here.
A Year 10 Certificate, Certificate I, or a short period of on-the-job training is sometimes needed, but is not necessary to work in this job. Around one in four workers have a Certificate III or IV.
- cleaning carpets and upholstered furniture using cleaning machines and their attachments
- selecting and applying cleaning agents to remove stains from carpets, windows and surfaces
- filling carpet cleaning machines with water and other cleaning agents
- pushing pile-lifting machines over carpets and brushing pile to raise and fluff nap
- treating carpets with soil-repellent chemicals and deodorants, and treating for pests
- using ladders, swinging scaffolds, bosun's chairs, hydraulic bucket trucks and other equipment to reach and clean windows in multi-storey buildings
- cleaning stone walls, metal surfaces, fascias and window frames using high pressure water cleaners and solvents
- applying chemicals and high pressure cleaning methods to remove micro-organisms from water and filtration systems, and using wet vacuums and other suction equipment to remove scale, accumulated dirt and other deposits from swimming pools, cooling tower components and drains
- Carpet Cleaner
- Window Cleaner
- Other Cleaners
Cleans carpets, rugs and furniture upholstery using powder, liquid and steam cleaning methods, and applies soil-repellent chemicals and deodorants.
Specialisations: Upholstery Cleaner
Cleans interior and exterior window surfaces.
Includes Chimney Sweep, Graffiti Cleaner, High Pressure Cleaner, Swimming Pool Cleaner