Caretakers maintain and clean residential buildings, schools, offices, holiday camps, caravan parks and associated grounds.
A Year 10 Certificate, Certificate I, or a short period of on-the-job training is sometimes needed, but is not necessary to work in this job.
- filling out registration forms and providing tenants with copies of rules
- collecting rent, and filling out and issuing receipts
- cleaning common facilities, grounds and gardens, replacing light bulbs, checking fire hoses and extinguishers, and performing other cleaning and maintenance tasks
- notifying management and owners of buildings of the need for major repairs
- cautioning tenants regarding excessive noise, disorderly conduct and abuse of property
- patrolling buildings to ensure security is maintained
- purchasing cleaning supplies