Handypersons clean, paint, repair and maintain buildings, grounds and facilities.
A Year 10 Certificate, Certificate I, or a short period of on-the-job training is sometimes needed, but is not necessary to work in this job. Around one in three workers have a Certificate III or IV.
- repairing broken windows, screens, doors, fences, barbecues, picnic tables, shelves, cupboards and other items
- replacing defective items such as light bulbs
- repairing and painting interior and exterior surfaces such as walls, ceilings and fences
- clearing rubbish and leaves from driveways and grounds
- mowing lawns and cultivating gardens
- adjusting doors and windows
- replacing tap washers
- putting up handrails and grab rails