You can work as a Driller, Miner or Shot Firer without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Training is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- dangerous goods security card
- shotfiring licence
- working at heights ticket
- forklift licence
- heavy ridged (HR) driver's licence
- national police check
- first aid certificate
- medical test
- security clearance
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Resources and Infrastructure Industry VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.