Previous relevant experience and a formal qualification in nursing, general medicine, business management or another related field is generally needed to work as a Medical Administrator. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Medical Administrators.
Registration with the relevant state or territory board may be needed to work as a Medical Administrator.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- working with children check
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Health Industry VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources