You can work as a Fire Protection Equipment Technician without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Training is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
Registration with Fire Protection Association Australia may be needed to work as a Fire Protection Equipment Technician.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- extinguishing agent handling licence
- electrician's licence to work on fire alarm systems
- a plumber's licence to work on sprinkler systems
- a building contractor's licence to work on infrastructure such as fire doors
- construction induction card (white card)
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Health Industry, Plastics, Rubber & Cablemaking and Property Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources