Either extensive experience or a formal qualification in conveyancing, law or another related field is needed to work as a Conveyancer or Legal Executive. University and VET (Vocational Education and Training) are both common study pathways for Conveyancers and Legal Executives.
Registration with the relevant state or territory board may be needed to work as a Conveyancer or Legal Executive.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- conveyancer licence from the relevant body in your state or territory
- national police check
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources