Supply, Distribution and Procurement Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the supply, storage and distribution of goods, products and services produced and used by organisations.
Either extensive experience or a formal qualification in business management, purchasing, warehousing and distribution or a related field is needed to work as a Supply, Distribution or Procurement Manager. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Supply, Distribution and Procurement Managers.
- determining, implementing and monitoring purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- preparing and implementing plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- negotiating contracts with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- monitoring and reviewing storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- operating recording systems to track all movements of supplies and finished goods, and ensuring re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
- liaising with other departments and customers concerning requirements for outward goods and associated forwarding transportation
- overseeing the recording of purchase, storage and distribution transactions
- directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
More about Supply, Distribution and Procurement Managers
All Supply, Distribution and Procurement Managers