Management Accountants provide services relating to performance-based financial reporting, asset valuation, budgetary systems, cost management, pricing, forecasting and the strategic governance of organisations.
Specialisations: Carbon Accountant, Product Accountant.
Qualified and registered Accountants can specialise as Management Accountants by completing a Certificate of Business Accounting through the Charted Institute of Management Accountants. Accountants can gain qualifications through VET (Vocational Education and Training) or university.
- Assists in formulating budgetary and accounting policies.
- Prepares financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies.
- Conducts financial investigations, prepares reports, undertaking audits and advises on matters such as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation.
- Examines operating costs and organisations' income and expenditure.
- Provides assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements.