You usually need a formal qualification in commerce, accounting, finance, economics or actuarial studies to work as a Commodities Trader. Commodities Traders often have university qualifications.
You must also be registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- Australian Financial Services licence
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Financial Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources