You need to be an experienced pilot to become a Flying Instructor. You will need a commercial pilots licence and you will need to complete a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Flight Instructor Rating and Training Endorsement. The Flight Instructor Rating and Training Endorsement is issued by Civil Aviation Safety Authority and the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
You must also be registered with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- a pilot licence issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Aviation Industry VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources