You usually need a formal qualification in marine surveying to work as a Marine Surveyor. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Marine Surveyors.
You must also be registered with Australian Maritime Safety Authority.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- driver's licence
- Psychometric or aptitude tests
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Maritime VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources