You need a high level of knowledge in your field to work as a Private Tutor or Teacher. Formal qualifications might be useful but aren't essential. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Private Tutors and Teachers.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- working with vulnerable people and children check
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Training and Education and Community Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources